Tabouli is one of those dishes that goes with everything. If made properly, it adds such a nice touch to every meal. It should be fresh and light, but full of taste. This recipe is extremely easy to make, although slightly time consuming. Trust me, it’s worth it. Whenever I make this recipe for tabouli, it barely even lasts 1 day before it’s gobbled up.
If you decide to make this recipe, I’d love to see how it turns out! Please tag me in your photos and use #theveganjetsetter .
Keep reading for recipe.
Quinoa Tabouli (No Oil Added)
- 3 heads of parsley (curly or straight)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 3 green onions
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 green pepper
- salt to taste
- Cook 2 cups of dry quinoa (directions below) and let cool. Only use 2 cups of COOKED quinoa.
- Cut out middle, seeded part of cucumber.
- Squeeze tomato seeds out of tomato.
- Dice tomato, cucumber, green onion and green pepper into very fine pieces.
- In a food processor, pulse parsley until chopped. Be careful not to over pulse.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons into the bowl and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Let sit for about 1 hour for best results.
- To cook quinoa: place 2 cups of uncooked quinoa into a pot of 4 cups of water. Bring quinoa and water to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, approx. 15 minutes.
The Vegan Jetsetter https://theveganjetsetter.com/